Saturday, January 25, 2014

Willow Brooke - 28 Weeks :)

How far along: 28 Weeks!
Total weight gain: 9 pounds!
Maternity clothes: Oh yeah! But I can still fit into some of my other tops. Pants on the other hand have to be maternity pants or yoga pants. Nothing else is comfortable.
Stretch marks: Just some. None on my tummy yet, but just little ones on the sides of my hips.
Sleep: Sleep? What is sleep? Seriously though, it's getting so much harder because I can't sleep on my side, and it's not comfortable on my stomach anymore. I usually wake up throughout the night to either use the restroom or because I can't sleep at all.
Best moment of this week: Monday we went in for another Dr appointment and I was able to see Willow yawn and suck on her fingers. She is already so beautiful and precious to me. I know I will probably cry when they place her in my arms for the first time.
Thankful for: My strength. I went back to work this week and I've been tired and miserable, and if it wasn't knowing my own body strength, I wouldn't have made it. I know working has been one of the key reasons why I haven't gained much weight, but I'm thankful that even though I'm 7 months pregnant, I can still get up and do stuff.
Movement: I love her movements!!!! I love when I lay down to go to sleep I can count on her to wiggle around and get comfortable herself. She kicked out so hard last night while I was laying on my side I heard the thump on the mattress. She is very strong and very active.
Food cravings: Not really any cravings anymore. I'll eat what sounds good, but I used to HAVE to have potatoes. Now, I just have to eat every 3-5 hours. I am able to eat sugar and pasta again! Whoo hoo, that helps our dinner menu a lot.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Heartburn makes me sick. And it happens every single day. As long as I have my heartburn medication, tums, and my zofran…I'm good. I haven't thrown up since week 24. yay! I hate being in the car when others are driving because it makes me lightheaded. And if I stand too long, then I get dizzy.
How you feel: Honestly, I feel good for being 7 months. I get tired from working, but sleep and a massage help with that. My back is really taking a toll though. Willow likes to lay right on my sciatic nerve which makes it hard for me to walk and sometimes breath because of the pain.
Gender: Still a girl :)
Belly button in or out: Still In. I don't think it will ever go "out", but it will just keep stretching and creating a bowl.
Wedding rings on or off: On. No swelling or anything has happened, which I am thankful for.
Exercise and preparation for birth: Between working, going up and down my 2 flight of stairs, picking up kids that weigh over 20 pounds, and doing household work…I'm getting plenty of exercise. I'm hoping after Willow is born it pays off and my body can get back to somewhat normalcy. Preparation is happening more and more. We got her nursery painted, and I'm currently working on painting her dresser. We are waiting on everything else to get here in the mail. I'm going to pack my hospital bag in March, just in case, and I went through all her clothes last night to figure out what sizes I still need. It's all coming together!
Happy or moody most of the time: I say happy, but this week, Jake would say I was moody. Ha ha, poor guy had to hear me complain every single night about having to go to work and being tired and blah blah blah. I think by Friday I was fine and back in the working mindset, but jeez it took a while. I am usually happy though and full of being excited to be a mom. I catch myself day dreaming how it's going to be, and I can't wait!

Looking forward to: Finally getting the glucose test done and over with on Monday. I've been anticipating it, and when it's over, I will be happy to have it out of the way. I'm also looking forward to having her dresser finished so I can start putting her clothes away and moving on to the next project - her toy chest.

No comments:

Post a Comment