Sunday, June 9, 2013

January - End of May 2013

I really do like to blog. 
It's like journaling, but I get to share it with my family and friends.
Only thing is... I suck at it. 

Haven't updated on here since January. Oh well. 

I'm going to do a short update from January to May and then do another post about June. Then maybe I will stay up to date. 

In January we still lived in the TLF on Andrews. We got orders the beginning of January and had our household goods shipped out on January 9th. I was so worried about my computer the whole time. We were allowed to keep 2 suitcases that could weigh up to 75 pounds and 2 carry ons, including Eve. I left for Utah the end of January for a weekend to pick up Eve. I was able to spend the time with family and have a fun time before shipping out to Germany. When I got back from Utah I waited at the airport for 1 hour before I got seriously worried about Jake. He is never late and he wasn't there. He didn't pick up the phone I left him so I called my mom and he had called her. Our car battery had died on him while driving to the airport and he was waiting for a tow. So I got a taxi and went home. Sad thing is, 1 week before this we had taken the car to Firestone to have the battery replaced and had to wait 6 hours for them to finish it. I would never recommend anyone going to Firestone. They are horrible!!!
They never even changed the battery when they said they did. Jake got his serious face on with them and they gave us a total refund for the tow truck, taxi, labor, and part. Even though they refunded us everything I still think they suck. 

Anyway, In February we went booked our airplane tickets and went on our Valentines date early. First we did the 14 days of Valentines that I wrote about on my other blog. It was so much fun and we both got really awesome gifts. Everything was well thought out and I know I fell more in love with my hubby. On the actual valentines date we woke up, made breakfast together, went bowling, then went to Georgetown for cupcakes, then we went to a movie, and dinner at Olive Garden! Oh I miss Olive Garden right now. Ha ha. We left for Germany on February 11th at 5:00 PM. We woke up, dropped our car off in the morning for it to be shipped and we went to the airport and waited for 6 hours. The airplane was alright. I took a sleeping pill right when we got on, woke up to eat, then couldn't sleep. Jake waited to take the sleeping pill until after dinner, then slept like a baby. We got into Germany at 7 am! We were both so exhausted and jet lagged. I got nauseas it was so bad. That whole week was chaos. Trying to get drivers licenses, groceries, looking for a house, and getting situated. I am so grateful for Savanna Click from our ward. She drove us around to about 30 different houses in that first week and that is so not common for new people moving here. 
That Sunday, we had the opportunity to go to a house that was being rented by someone in our ward. He was moving soon, and wanted to know if we were interested. I fell in love instantly and wanted it. We ended up getting the house, and his old Mercedes for Jake to drive. We also gained great new friendships during the whole process. 

In March we moved into our new home. It has 5 bedrooms, and 2 bathrooms, a kitchen, dining room, living room, front patio, and back patio. We love it and every day I feel like I'm living in my own fairy tale. I can't believe I have this wonderful life. Out our front view is a castle, and mountains. I love where we live. In March our household goods showed up and we were able to make our house a home. We have been taking it room by room, but it's getting there. I didn't have a car in the month of March so it was very hard to get things done. Our best friend Jason came and saw us with a couple of his friends. It was fun seeing him for the night they were here before they left for their european adventure. Easter was fun, we did baskets. Jake gave me the second Beautiful Creatures book, Les Miserables, and Perfume, and I gave him a gym bag, movie, book, and chocolate! We went to church, and then came home and had a wonderful ham cooked dinner! 

In April I got my drivers license and passed the test by only missing 1 question. That is so much better than what I did when I was 15. Ha ha. Jason came back after his trip and stayed with us for a couple of weeks. We went to Burg Eltz Castle, Cochem Castle, Belgium (where we got lost), Luxembourg (where we ran out of gas and had to beg for money), and Jake and him bonded a lot with Call of Duty. I got my car and was able to drive everywhere. It had to be inspected and failed. We had to replace a part that took about 2 weeks to get. I was so happy to finally have it though and drive where I wanted. I got a job in April. I started working as a lunch lady in the middle school on base. It's a good job, but the pay kind of stinks. I'm going to try and get a better one this fall. Going from medical assisting pay to this is just not cutting it. 

May flew by so fast! I can't believe it's already gone! I worked every day. Jake took me shopping twice and we went and saw Burg Eltz castle together since he had to work the time I went with Jason. We had to get ready for a trip we were taking in June so we didn't do much. We did a project for my kitchen and made my 12 year old white bookshelves into red spunky kitchen shelves with a long black shelf that goes on top. We still have to put the feet on it, but it looks awesome right now. 

Honestly, the last 5 months have been amazing and have gone by so fast. We have made some of the best friends we will ever have here and I feel so blessed to have been sent to such a wonderful base. I love Germany and I love the community and ward. I feel like I have lived here forever or that I was always meant to live here. 

I promise to keep everyone updated more often on our adventures. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment