Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Resolutions and A Happy New Year!!!

Resolutions!!!

I can't believe the time has already come of me writing down my resolutions. 
I read over my resolutions from last year and I can say proudly that I did most of them. 

Last night was New Years Eve and Jake and I had a great day! 
I made a crock pot recipe I found on a website that was found on Pinterest. Hope that made sense. It was an enchilada chicken soup and was delectable. So easy too. I love crockpot recipes for that reason, everything is good, and it's so easy to do. 
Yesterday was also Monday, and while I have been working out like mad the last 2 months, I started Insanity....again. Like for the 10th time it seems. Maybe this time I will finish the full 60 days. (Unlikely seeing as I am moving to Germany and will have many days in there that I may not have a TV) 
So I did Insanity and Jake did his usual pushups, sit ups, and 1.5 mile run. He is getting ready for a PT test in a couple weeks and wants to pass with over 95% so he can have a day off from work. 
After working out and getting ready we had dinner, then we wrote out our resolutions, played video games, and watched "Stardust" (it was my turn to pick the movie and I LOVE that movie). By the time all that was done it was 11:40 PM. Jake turned on ABC and we watched Taylor Swift perform "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" (She doesn't sound as good live as she does on her CD, but whatev), Gangum Style tell the world how he loves New York (even though he has a hate America song, but again, whatev), and found out that Carly Rea Jepson is Canadian. Who knew? Then the ball dropped and with 30 seconds still left in the year Jake and I kissed to end our 2012 year perfectly and waited until about a minute after midnight to stop kissing so we could start 2013 perfectly. Yeah, I'm way corny like that. :) 
Today being January 1st, 2013, of course we didn't wake up until 12:00 PM and had breakfast at lunchtime. Life of us I must say. Ha ha. 

Now for resolutions. 

1. Be healthy: This isn't the typical "I want to lose weight and be the size of a supermodel blah blah blah" thing, I seriously need to be healthier this year. Last year I had cat scans done, x-rays, and an ultrasound done to find out why I was having so many stomach issues and migraine issues. I also had my blood drawn 3 times. Gross. Found out by Dr. Buhler (my muscle doctor) that I'm allergic to the protein in dairy (no I am not lactose intolerant), and I am also allergic to wheat. Oh, and tobacco, but I don't need to worry about that...ever. Anyway, so this year I am watching how much dairy I consume and how much wheat I consume. And, duh of course I want to lose weight. But that isn't a resolution, that is a goal. I also had a sinus infection 4 times last year and the flu and bronchitis, and I'm pretty sure strep can be added to that pile of nastiness. Yep, totally taking my vitamins and staying as healthy as possible. 

2. Volunteer More: Last time I volunteered in something I think I was in college and I did it for Alpha Phi. The sorority I was in. That was back in 2009 before Jake even was home from his mission. I love volunteering for things though! And doing things for other people. My favorite project I have ever done was in drill team when we took Christmas to a family. The look on the kids faces have stuck with me forever and I want to do that for others again. I have made excuses like "I'm too busy" or "I don't know where to go to volunteer" (that is a huge lie since I belong to the LDS church, like HELLO!!!), so this year I want to volunteer more and my goal is to do it 1 or 2 times a month. 

3. Be Humble: I think this is one that can and should be worked on every year. No matter how humble you are there is still room to grow. 

4. Learn More: This is one from last year, and it still sticks. I want to read a history book every month and learn more from my family and friends. Learning is an amazing thing, and I'm living in a world that can teach me so much and I need to embrace that. 

5. Excel in My Talents: This includes cooking (I want to cook every day for a month or two without eating out once), sewing, crafting, photography, dance, reading, writing, and cleaning. I also want to find new talents that I have because I know the Lord is blessing me with them every day. 

6. Excel in Visiting Teaching: I have been told in many lessons in Relief Society that this is a big deal and it needs to be taken more seriously. I couldn't agree more. I SUCK at visiting teaching. I went maybe once in 2012. Pathetic and un-exceptable. 

7. Do Family History: I want to create books from both my side of the family and Jake's side of the family so our children can grow up knowing where they came from. This is going to take a while, but I want to do it. I want to teach my children about the families they come from. 

8. Take Care of Me: So, I have to admit. I am pretty vain. Do I care if that is bad? Nope. Because of this reason, I do not ever want to get to a point in my life where I stop caring about myself. I hear a lot of women say that because they are married they can let themselves go. Bull Crap! Be vain and take care of yourself. If not to do it for you, then do it for him. So it's my resolution to never stop taking care of me. This includes doing my hair, painting my nails, wearing nice clothes, working out, and being a girly girl. I expect my husband to look nice for me, and in return I do the same for him. :) 

9. Create a Budget: Ha! Jake and I have tried to create a budget for ourselves for the last 2 1/2 years, and still have yet to create one. Don't take it the wrong way and think we don't handle our money in a great way, because we do. I just would like to have an organized budget rather than the way we are doing it now, which is all in the mind and checking our account every night. Something on excel would be nice to have ha ha. 

10. Keep a Journal Every Day: I kept a journal every day in high school. I loved writing down all the doings of my day, but then I stopped. I have a few writings here and there of what has taken place the last 5 years, but not much. I want my future kids to be able to read about Jake and I's adventures and know how we felt and how fun it was and be able to recount them to their own kids one day. So starting today I am writing a journal on the computer on Word, and then at the end of the year I will print it out and have it bound like a book. 

I also have goals I want to do this year. 
Some including going to church every Sunday and not skipping even if I am sick. Read a history book once a month, read the BOM, go to the temple 2 times a month, finish my photography school, and then some business goals. 

I'm really looking forward to the new year and what all it has to offer. Jake and I have plans and we are excited about new adventures in a strange new land. Can't wait to blog about them. :)

"May your coming year be filled with Magic and Dreams & good Madness. I hope you read some fine books, & KISS someone who thinks you're wonderful, & don't forget to make some fine Art (Write or Draw or Build or Sing or Live as only YOU can) & somewhere in the next year, I hope you Surprise yourself" -Neil Gaiman 


No comments:

Post a Comment