Friday, June 28, 2013

Birthday!

Well, it's official. 

I'm 23

:)

Happy Birthday to me!


On Saturday, the 22nd, we celebrated my birthday. We woke up and went to the grocery store because I needed items for my Sunday dinner of Cafe Rio (Pinterest has copy-cat recipes that are BOMB!). After grocery shopping we went to the Kabob place in the village Kyllburg which is right next to ours. It has some amazing kabobs and I was craving them! The owner knows my order now because we go so often. Ha ha. 
After kabobs we came home and started my birthday party! Jake and I can party pretty hard when it's just us two! Ha ha. It was a Harry Potter party. We made cupcakes and decorated then with Harry Potter stuff, played Playstation 2 Quidditch, played Harry Potter Scene It, listened to Harry Potter music, and made Butterbeer. It was so much fun and so awesome. I've always wanted a Harry Potter birthday and I got one! :) Our cupcakes turned out amazing as well.
Around 6:30 we had to go to the base because one of our good friends was singing in a talent show. She did amazing, and I was so happy we went to support her. After her performance, the group of us went to a restaurant on base. It was so fun spending the evening with all of our friends. 

On my actual birthday, I woke up and Jake made me bacon for breakfast. He would have made me anything I wanted, but all I wanted was bacon. He kept saying how proud he was. Ha ha. I don't know why I just wanted bacon, but it sounded really good. 
We made it to church about 30 minutes late.. Oops. 
It was my birthday though and I wasn't going to stress about anything. 
It's also always a good Sunday when the kids are good in Sunbeams. I gave them extra treats for being good and because I do that on special days ha ha. 
After church we came home and I got started on making dinner. Cafe Rio is really not hard to make, it's just a lot of food. The dressing and chicken was my favorite. They turned out perfectly. We had all of our friends over for dinner so it was a big party. I really wish I would have gotten a picture of all of us together, but oh well. Next group outing I will. 
After eating dinner we all played Just Dance 4 on the Xbox. I love love love playing that game and it's even more fun when you do it with friends. Jake was hilarious during it and it's things like that that make him so amazing. Everyone was so nice and gave me gifts that I did not deserve. Thank you Sarah, Mike, Steve, and Rowena! I got a candle, book (the storyteller), and chocolates from Sarah and Mike, and Yahtzee and Uno from Steve and Rowena. Amazing friends. 
When everyone left we hurried and cleaned up and then got packed because on Monday morning we were leaving for Paris. We didn't get to bed until 12:00, but it was a great birthday. 

I had the time of my life. 

Butterbeer!!

I love him!

Our cupcakes!

Rowena singing at the talent show



No comments:

Post a Comment